We are down to one week until the official release of our new cookbook, Simply Vibrant, and we are overwhelmed with gratitude for all the pre-orders! Your support truly means so much. Today we’ve got an amazing, self-care themed giveaway open to everyone who’s pre-ordered or is thinking of pre-ordering the book. We also have a delicious drink recipe that’s the perfect thing to sip on to exercise self-care during this upcoming full moon on January 31st. It’s a Blue Moon, which means that it’s the second full moon of the month, but it’s also a Supermoon and there will be a Total Lunar Eclipse on that same day. Lots of energy there.
So, the drink is a creamy, lush Moon Milk, but it’s a bit different from other moon milks out there because it calls for fresh turmeric. Many of us have tried golden milk made with powdered turmeric, but fresh turmeric root is a real game changer here. It gives the drink a unique, bright and zingy flavor, and some lovely, spicy, almost floral notes. Of course, fresh turmeric is also more potent in terms of its nutritional and anti-inflammatory properties. This moon milk is equal parts soothing and invigorating. Try it during the Super Blue Moon on this January 31st or any day of the year, I think you’ll really enjoy it. Read on for the recipe and the self-care giveaway details 🙂
What’s In the Self-Care Giveaway Package
1 hand screen-printed Lunar Phase Calendar from m00ns.com
These beautiful lunar phase calendars are screen-printed by hand on great-quality paper in Providence, RI, and look amazing on any wall. Tracking the phases of the moon can help get clarity on how you are feeling at any particular point in the month. See this article for more info.
1 Jade Gua Sha Massage Tool
Gua sha is a smooth, specially shaped jade stone that’s been used as a massage tool in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Our acupuncturist uses it for amazing back and neck massages, but we also love to use it at home as a facial self-massage tool. It helps move the lymph, increase circulation, release muscle tension, and generally leaves the skin looking fresh and glowy. Check out this article for more info on the benefits and to learn how to use it.
1 Jar of Chyawanprash
If you haven’t heard of chyawanprash yet, you are in for an amazing discovery. It’s a delicious, Ayurvedic jam that contains 35 powerful ingredients and takes 21 days to produce. The jam is made of organic fruits, spices, and adaptogen herbs like ashwaghanda and astralagus, as well as raw honey, ghee, and black sesame oil. Taking a teaspoon a day is said to help strengthen the immunity and energize the body. We are giving away this brand.
How to Enter the Giveaway
1. Once you’ve pre-ordered our new cookbook, click here to claim your Pre-Order Bonus Recipe Bundle. It’s a free 10 recipe ebook that we created as a way to thank anyone who pre-orders Simply Vibrant (you can learn more about the bonus recipes in this post).
2. Enter your name, email (please enter a valid email, that’s how we’ll be contacting you if you win!), order confirmation number, and retailer that you bought the book from in the fields provided.
3. Click ‘submit,’ and download you Pre-Order Bonus Recipe Bundle by clicking the link that pops up. That’s it! You are officially entered into the giveaway once you download the bundle.
This giveaway is open until February 6th, 2018, which is the book’s release date. If you’ve already downloaded your free Pre-Order Bonus Recipe Bundle before we announced this giveaway, you’ve been automatically entered into the giveaway as well.
- 1-inch piece fresh turmeric root – peeled if not organic
- ½-inch piece fresh ginger – peeled if not organic
- 1-2 soft dates
- 5 cardamom pods – shelled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- small piece of cacao butter or coconut butter
- a few grinds of black pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- a pinch of vanilla powder or a splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ghee (optional)
- Heat up your favorite cup’s worth of hot water.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and pour in the hot water. Blend on high until smooth and frothy. Enjoy!
Source: FS – Food and Nutrition Blogs
Fresh Turmeric Moon Milk + Self-Care Giveaway